- Blogs – start a blog
- Free linking – use Google Groups, Yahoo Answers, Squidoo page, Wikipedia (write a page about your organization with a link back), social bookmarking
- Freebies and giveaways – make a contest, make something interactive on your page or a whitepaper.
- List lovers – we are all list lovers so write a “Top 10 …” or a “How to ….”, Build a 99 list, a list with 10 myths for your category, do an interview with a specialist or a guru in your line of business/organization
- Local links – get a link from your local chamber of commerce (if its really want), relevant city and state governmental site, local library website…
- Signature in emails – If you have many volunteers make sure you have the link in all the mails.